COGS may be needed by other bars or organizations
Instructions for Requesting a Certificate of Good Standing
Instructions for obtaining a request form:
- Log into your member portal at https://services.utahbar.org.
- Click on Practice Portal, then in the top left-hand box titled “Utah Bar Portal Control”.
- At the bottom of this box you’ll find “My Dashboard”, click on “Certificate of Good Standing Request Form”.
- Then select either “Regular” or “Expedited”
- Fill in the “Delivery Information”.
- Select your “Delivery Option”.
- Proceed through checkout.
- Once you have paid, you will receive an email confirmation that your request has been received and your certificate is being processed.
Certificates of Good Standing contain the following:
- Full name of the licensed lawyer (as currently listed in the USB member database)
- Date of admission
- Current status (Active or Inactive)
- Statement that no public discipline has been taken against the lawyer if the statement is applicable
- Requests for Certificates of Good Standing must be requested using the downloadable Request Form (see instructions below).
- Certificates of Good Standing are only issued to members of the Utah State Bar or to an authorized representative/entity.
- Certificates of Good Standing CANNOT be issued to a member who is suspended for administrative reasons, is disbarred, or who has resigned with discipline pending.
- Regular Certificates of Good Standing are issued within 5-7 business days after receipt of a fully completed request form. ($20.00)
- Expedited Certificates of Good Standing are issued within 3-5 business days after receipt of a fully completed request form. ($50.00). Expedited Certificates must be paid for with a credit card.
Discipline History Requests are provided by the Office of Professional Conduct. In order to obtain a Discipline History, please send the necessary General Authorization Waiver to the Office of Professional Conduct.
If you have any further questions regarding a Discipline History Request you may contact the Office of Professional Conduct at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-297-7043.
Certificates of Good Standing Issued by the Utah Supreme Court
If you need a Certificate of Good Standing issued by the Utah Supreme Court, please find a PDF request form on the Attorney Services page of the Utah Court’s website or contact the Court’s clerk at (801) 578-3900.
If you have any questions about the procedure for obtaining a Certificate of Good Standing, please contact Brady Whitehead at (801) 297-7057 or via e-mail at email@example.com.