Please note: As of January 1, 2016 the old paper request form will no longer be accepted.
Please see below for instructions regarding the new online process.
Instructions for obtaining a request form:
- Log into your member portal at https://services.utahbar.org.
- Click on your name at the top of the screen or on “Members” to go to your Member Dashboard.
- Go to “Product Search” and search for “Certificate.”
- Then choose either the “Regular” or “Expedited” product and add to your cart.
- Proceed through checkout.
- Once you have landed on your order confirmation page, please print the page for your records, scroll down and click on “Return to Member Dashboard.”
- After you have returned to your member dashboard, click on “My Downloadable Products.”
- Click on the download button to retrieve your Request Form. (PLEASE NOTE: You may only download your form ONCE.)
- Fill out the required information on the request form. You MUST include the Order Number which was provided on your confirmation page as well as in the confirmation email you will receive at your preferred email address of record.
- Scan and email the completed request form to:
or mail completed form to:
Utah State Bar
Attn: COGS, Brady Whitehead
645 South 200 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Certificates of Good Standing contain the following:
- Full name of the licensed lawyer (as currently listed in the USB member database)
- Date of admission
- Current status (Active or Inactive)
- Statement that no public discipline has been taken against the lawyer if the statement is applicable
- Requests for Certificates of Good Standing must be requested using the downloadable Request Form (see instructions below).
- Certificates of Good Standing are only issued to members of the Utah State Bar or to an authorized representative/entity.
- Certificates of Good Standing CANNOT be issued to a member who is suspended for administrative reasons, is disbarred, or who has resigned with discipline pending.
- Regular Certificates of Good Standing are issued within 5-7 business days after receipt of a fully completed request form. ($20.00)
- Expedited Certificates of Good Standing are issued within 3-5 business days after receipt of a fully completed request form. ($50.00)
Discipline History Requests are provided by the Bar’s Office of Professional Conduct. In order to obtain a Discipline History, please send the necessary General Authorization Waiver to the Office of Professional Conduct.
If you have any further questions regarding a Discipline History Request you may contact the Office of Professional Conduct at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-297-7048.
Certificates of Good Standing Issued by the Utah Supreme Court
If you need a Certificate of Good Standing issued by the Utah Supreme Court, please find a PDF request form on the Attorney Services page of the Utah Court’s website or contact the Court’s clerk at (801) 578-3904.
If you have any questions about the procedure for obtaining a Certificate of Good Standing, please contact Brady Whitehead at (801) 297-7057 or via e-mail at email@example.com.