|Company Name||National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators|
|Date Posted||June 9, 2017|
Reports To: General Counsel / Director of Administration
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
ABOUT THE NATIONAL COMMISSION FOR THE CERTIFICATION OF CRANE OPERATORS:
NCCCO was formed in January 1995 as a non-profit organization with a stated mission to develop effective performance standards for safe crane operation to assist all segments of general industry and construction. NCCCO is headquartered in Fairfax, Virginia, and also maintains offices in Salt Lake City, Utah and Dunedin, Florida.
Under the direction of the General Counsel, the successful candidate will assist and provide a range of legal and administrative support to resolve routine legal and related issues. The position involves traditional in-house roles such as litigation management, risk mitigation, corporate issues, and IP management. In addition, the position requires a broad range of skills relating to the investigation and management of candidate disciplinary and test integrity matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with pending and potential litigation matters
• Assist with disciplinary & test integrity matters and investigations
• Assist with management of trademarks
• Assist with registration and management of copyrights
• Assist with management of leases, vendor contracts and other agreements
• Assist with corporate filings and registrations
• Assist with management of insurance policies
• Other duties as appropriate and assigned
• Degree or Certification in Paralegal Studies, preferred
• 3-5 years’ experience as a Paralegal
• Notary license a plus
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Acute attention to detail
This is largely a desk-bound position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs. Requires the ability occasionally to travel locally, regionally and nationally.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED WORK HOURS:
This is a full-time position. Regular days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
SALARY: Full-time position, with a salary commensurate with experience, education, and market rates, plus an exceptional benefits program.
REQUIRED: Full résumé with a cover letter/essay indicating in 100 words or more what has prompted you to apply for this position and why you believe you would be successful in it.
APPLICATIONS: Please email your résumé and cover letter/essay, along with salary history and requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter/essay will not be considered. No telephone calls please.
NCCCO is an equal opportunity employer.