The Utah State Bar provides various methods for Section leadership to reach out to their membership. Access to these services are restricted to section leaders and to designates representatives of the sections. To help ensure swift and reliable service, sections are strongly encouraged to notify the section support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org of any change to section leadership or representatives.
- Postcard / Paper Mailings – CLE notices can be sent via mail. Letters or postcards typically require two business days to prepare, deliver to the mail house, and begin shipment. Mail sent to Utah attorneys will typically arrive within two days after leaving the mail house. To set up a postcard or paper mailing please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE NOTE: Mailings can be sent to other sections only with permission of the target section’s leadership. Permission can be provided orally or by email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. This must be done for each cross-section request. A directory of section leadership can be found online at http://www.utahbar.org/directories/section-chairs-of-the-utah-state-bar/.
- Email Notices – HTML formatted emails can be sent within one business day to section members. Please provide a subject line and message body as you would like it delivered. Attachments will be stored on the section website and linked to from the email to help drive traffic to the section site and to improve the delivery capability*. To set up an email please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE NOTE: Emails can be sent to other sections only with the written permission of the target section’s leadership. PPermission can be provided orally or by email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. This must be done for each cross-section request. A directory of section leadership can be found online at http://www.utahbar.org/directories/section-chairs-of-the-utah-state-bar/.
- Broadcast List Services – Section controlled list services can be created providing section leadership with the ability to send email to members without working through staff. To access and use a list please email email@example.com with the names and email addresses of section leaders that should have access to send to the list. The list system will only pass messages sent from the email addresses provided. Messages should not have attachments over 250K in size. Message attachments that are larger than 250K will require moderator approval to go through.
- Discussion List Services – Interactive discussion lists can be created for sections. These lists allow section members to discuss issues and ask questions of other section members. These lists can be un-moderated requiring additional training for participants to avoid looping and other delivery issues. To request a discussion list please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social Media Services – The Utah State Bar can provide assistance in setting up Facebook and twitter accounts for a section as another tool for communications. Sections should designate a representative to help manage this service. To request training and creation of social media services for a section please email email@example.com.
- Survey Services – The Utah State Bar has a dedicated account with SurveyMonkey for the creation of surveys for bar members. Some examples of surveys that have been created for sections are CLE Preferences; Elections & Nominations; Legislative Feedback; and Wage & Market Conditions. To create a survey please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Survey Title – A descriptive and goal oriented title will help generate the best participation levels from section members
- Survey Start and End Dates
- Whether you want participation tracking – Surveys are anonymous but section leaders can opt to track who has participated in a survey. Commonly this feature is used in conjunction with elections or nomination procedures.
- Survey Introduction – What the survey is for, how it will be evaluated, and whether results will or will not be made public to the participants.
- Questions with the possible answers – The survey system provides a number of different question formats ranging from multiple choice to open essay to matrix of preferences. To get the most from a survey consider reading the excellent guide to question design located at http://www.howto.gov/customer-experience/collecting-feedback/basics-of-survey-and-question-design
- A closing and thank you message.
- Website Services – Each section now has a dedicated web hosted account that can be used to provide additional information for members. Each section’s site has a dedicated domain name to improve the find-ability of the site with domain names following a sectionname.utahbar.org format. The Utah State Bar Website coordinator will be the primary contact for the creation of and placement of content. Content management systems (CMS) can be provided to sections wishing to take direct control of their site and site content. An example of this format can be found at http://younglawyers.utahbar.org/. Changes to the site can typically be made within one to three business days depending on the nature of the changes. To review a section site, establish a CMS system, or provide content to update a site please contact email@example.com.
*Section members may have spam filters in place which can interfere with email delivery. Please encourage section members to white-list email from utahbar.org. The Utah State Bar Staff can only confirm if an email message as left the service. It cannot confirm delivery.