The following policies are intended to ensure a superior and well organized function:
- Group will need to provide meal function guarantees three working days prior to function by 9:00 a.m. The guaranteed count may not be decreased after the above date. If you contact us 24 hours before your function with an increase in your count we will try to accommodate your needs. The bill will be prepared for the guaranteed number or the actual number served, whichever is greater.
- Hot menu selections should be submitted to the Coordinator no later than one week prior to the scheduled function.
- All food and beverages must be purchased exclusively from the Utah Law & Justice Center. Food may not be brought in or taken off premises.
- All food and beverages are subject to a 20% service charge.
- The Utah Law & Justice Center’s kitchens and their contents are for the use of staff members only.
- The Utah Law & Justice Center does not have storage space for more than 5 boxes. Please make arrangements off site for storage and assemblage of materials or an applicable room rate will be charged for space use.
- If space is required for assemblage of materials, please notify the Coordinator as soon as possible.
- The Utah Law & Justice Center is not responsible for personal property left in meeting rooms.
- Room charges are based on partial days (1 to 4 hours) or full days (over 4 hours). Plus a 20% sevice charge for all room set-ups.
- Meeting rooms are for times indicated only. If the group remains past this time, additional room rental may be charged. All equipment and supplies not belonging to the Center must be removed at the end of the meeting unless prior arrangements have been made. Additional space is subject to availability.
- If Group size decreases during the three working days prior to function, full rental will be charged on meeting space reserved.
- Business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. apply at the Law & Justice Center. A service charge of $50.00 per hour with a minimum of 1 hour will be assessed to groups needing to be in before 8:00 a.m. or remaining in the building after 5:00 p.m.
- The Utah Law & Justice Center is closed on Saturday and Sunday as well as most state holidays. – No reservations will be accepted on these dates.
- Room assignments are tentative. We reserve the right to substitute rooms of required size, or larger if count varies.
- The Group will be responsible to reimburse the Utah Law & Justice Center for damage to premises or equipment by attendees, and other persons associated herewith. Please allow us to assist you with all adjustments to room set-ups, and hanging of materials. NO TAPING, TACKING, OR PINNING is allowed without making prior arrangements with the Coordinator.
- Notice of cancellation must be given TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO RESERVATION DATE or the full room rate will be charged on meeting space reserve.
- Should there be a need after your Group arrives, for any last minute, small volume copying, please ask the receptionist and she will have it arranged. The copy charge is $.15 per page.
- Audio visual equipment is available on a first-come, first-serve basis at a minimal fee. A/V equipment should be reserved at the time of booking to be sure of its availability. If the item(s) you need has been previously reserved by another group, the Coordinator can arrange for the rental of any A/V equipment needed at the rental cost only.
- The Law & Justice Center is a NON-SMOKING building. Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside of the building.
The Utah Law & Justice Center Coordinator will be happy to work with you in answering any questions or concerns you may have.
645 South 200 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Fax: (801) 531-0660