July 1st – Utah State Bar Fiscal Year Begins
June 1st – License renewal and section membership selections starts.
July – Summer Convention and Leadership Conference (Each Section is asked to provide a delegate to the Summer Convention Committee which typically begins meeting in October). Attend the Bar Leadership Conference in conjunction with the Summer Convention.
August – Section Leadership CLE Training.
October – Section Leadership & Legislative Conference (Each Section is asked to provide a delegate to the Governmental Relations Committee.)
January – February – Governmental Relations Meeting. These meetings are typically held once per week beginning the first week in January. (Typically Tuesday or Thursday) Sections are asked to designate a representative for the committee where they may be asked to provide legislative review and analysis or to provide feedback from section membership to the committee or to legislators.
March - Spring Convention (Each Section is asked to provide a delegate to the Spring Convention Committee which typically begins meeting in September.)
April – Increase or decrease section membership fees for the coming fiscal year (notify firstname.lastname@example.org)
SECTION LEADERSHIP CHECKLIST
- Review Section CLE Planning Guide (PDF)
- Contact your Bar Commission Liaison – Liaison assignments are available at http://www.utahbar.org/directories/utah-state-bar-board-of-bar-commissioners/ and are updated by the end of August for the coming year.
- Update section leadership information with the Bar by sending an email with current leadership information to email@example.com. This will also update the information on the section website.
- Update list of past section chairs.
- Assignment of section representatives for
- Summer Convention Committee in August (Please notify CLE@utahbar.org)
- Bar Leadership Conference by May (Please notify the Bar President through the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Spring Convention Committee in August (Please notify CLE@utahbar.org)
- Governmental Relations Committee by October (Please notify GRC@utahbar.org)
- Website / Communications contact (Please notify email@example.com)
- Schedule any lunch meetings with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule seminars CLE@utahbar.org.
- Update section By-Laws as needed.
- Schedule the next set of elections. (If required by By-Laws) Determine if the election will be electronic or conducted via paper ballot at a section meeting. If the election is electronic please contact email@example.com to begin the process of creating an online election.
- Submit any requests for reimbursement or payment request audit vouchers (PDF) as quickly as possible.