- Paralegal Division 20th Anniversary Gala – The Paralegal Division will celebrate its 20th Anniversary as a section of the Utah State Bar on April 6, 2016. Please join us in a semi-formal celebratory evening featuring dinner catered by The Main Event and performances by Party Rock Project and Paul Draper.
Date: Friday, April 22, 2016 at 6:00 p.m.
Place: The Grand Hall at The Gateway, 18 North Rio Grande Street, Salt Lake City
Tickets can be purchased through the Utah State Bar (801-531-9077) or online at
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Estate Planning Section
- On April 19, 2016 the Estate Planning Section is excited to have Steve R. Akers present at 12:00 pm.
Steve R. Akers is truly exceptional, being one of the few that the titans of the estate planning world look to for insights and guidance. He is a past editor of the ACTEC Law Journal and a member of ACTEC’s Executive Committee, past Chair of the ABA’s Section of Real Property, Trust & Estate Law, and a member of the Advisory Committee to and a frequent speaker at the Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning. His annual tome “Heckerling Musings” presents highlights, summaries, and insights from Heckerling, as well as many of his own planning tips relating to the topics presented at the conference. He has developed incredible depth, expertise and wisdom in multiple areas of estate planning, and he’s a great presenter to boot.
Register at: https://www.utahbar.org/cle/section-events/
Young Lawyers Division
- Join YLD for its annual speed networking event on April 27 from 5:30-7:30 at Squatters (147 W Broadway, Salt Lake City). Young layers and experienced lawyers will have an opportunity to network in this fun, fast-paced, speed dating style event. Appetizers and drinks will be provided. RSVP to Dani Cepernich at email@example.com by Monday, April 25. Please include how many years you have been practicing. Space is limited.
- Relieve your tension with an hour of free yoga every Friday at 2pm on the 4th floor of the Felt Building – 341 South Main Street (Zen room at Zimmerman Jones Booher). Sponsored by the Litigation Section and open to all members of the legal community. Yes, this means you. We’d love to see you!
- Litigator’s Running Group: Wednesday at 6 pm May- September- additional details to follow.
- Zen In Zion’s May 14, 2016
A family-friendly networking reception & retreat.
- Litigation Section Annual Meeting is June 10-11, 2016 in Moab!
We will have CLE, a social reception on Friday night with the judges who have received the 2016 Judicial Excellence Award and recreational activities on Saturday. This year, we’re starting a new tradition and will be presenting a trophy to one of our fellow litigators (think Stanley Cup for attorneys). Networking and CLE can be fun!
- Salt Lake County Golf & CLE: August 12, details to follow.
If you are interested in receiving our announcements or have ideas, please email:
Heather L. Thuet
Chair of the Litigation Section