Government & Administrative Law Section
- Please join us for the Third Annual ALJ, Government & Administrative Law Conference this coming May 5, 2016. The conference will be held at the Utah Bar, and will include breakfast, lunch and up to 5 hours of CLE credit. $35 for ALJs and members of the Government/Administrative Law Section. Come learn about the fundamentals of UAPA, GRAMA requests, and how to effectively participate in drafting administrative rules.
- The Supreme Court at a Crossroads: A discussion with Kannon Shanmugam.
- Date: Thursday, April 7, 2015
- Time: 12:00 noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Place: The Alta Club, 100 East South Temple, Salt Lake City, Utah
Cost: $40 for members of the Appellate Practice Section, the Government and Administrative Law Section, and the Utah Federal Bar Association, $50 for non-members.
- Rise & Shine – Setting the Stage at Trial: How to Write and Deliver a Compelling Opening Statement
- Date: March 24, 2016
- Time: 8:20am – 9:30am
- Place: Federal Courthouse Jury Assembly Room- 351 So. West Temple
- Litigation Section Annual Meeting is June 10-11, 2016 in Moab!
- We will have CLE, a social reception on Friday night with the judges who have received the 2016 Judicial Excellence Award and recreational activities on Saturday. This year, we’re starting a new tradition and will be presenting a trophy to one of our fellow litigators (think Stanley Cup for attorneys). Networking and CLE can be fun!
- Zen In Zion’s May 14, 2016
A family-friendly networking reception & retreat.
- Salt Lake County Golf & CLE: August 12, details to follow.
- Litigator’s Running Group: Wednesday at 6 pm May- September- additional details to follow.
If you are interested in receiving our announcements or have ideas, please email:
Heather L. Thuet
Chair of the Litigation Section