Rules Governing Bar Admissions
Rule information and links to rules are provided on this site as a convenience to the end user. The authoritative copy of the rules governing Bar Admissions can be found at the Utah Court web site at the following address:
Utah Court Admission
- Rule 14-701. Definitions.
- Rule 14-702. Board – general powers.
- Rule 14-703. Qualifications for admission of Student Applicants.
- Rule 14-704. Qualifications for admission of Attorney Applicants.
- Rule 14-705. Admission by Motion.
- Rule 14-706. Test accommodations.
- Rule 14-707. Application; deadlines; withdrawals; postponements and fees.
- Rule 14-708. Character and fitness.
- Rule 14-709. Application denial.
- Rule 14-710. Administration of the Bar Examination.
- Rule 14-711. Grading and passing the Bar Examination.
- Rule 14-712. Qualifications for admission based on UBE.
- Rule 14-713. MPRE.
- Rule 14-714. Unsuccessful applicants: disclosure and right of inspection.
- Rule 14-715. Requests for Review
- Rule 14-716. License fees; enrollment fees; oath and admission.
- Rule 14-717. Readmission after resignation or disbarment of Utah attorneys.
- Rule 14-718. Licensing of Foreign Legal Consultants.
- Rule 14-719. Qualifications for admission of House Counsel Applicants.
- Rule 14-720. Confidentiality.